He also said that BKAV released this clip aimed at lowering the Iphone X and cheering for their legendary BPhone phone. However, we all know that how secure Iphone X or Iphone is. No need to fooled of it. They use and understand what phones are really secure and meet their usage needs. However, we know that nothing is perfect. The technology era is growing, there are always changes, and security bugs or technologies will help companies improve their technology.
However, to make it clear, The truth that BKAV is cheating or now,. Yesterday, BKAV, hold a meeting to publish this hacking technique. They share how they hacked Face ID of Iphone X.
There are three issues that you need to know about BKAV “hacking” FaceID:
- First of all it was definitely unlocked by the mask that BKAV created,
- The second is that they activate the “Attention Requirement”
- Finally, the information that we saw last week about how FaceID does not distinguish between real and false eyes was discovered by BKAV on November 4, the day after the sale.
- Require Attention.
- FaceID only receives the mask at a fixed angle, you change it is no longer recognizable. This is understandable because the security nature of FaceID is still very good
- The BKAV says they are only trying to show that FaceID has a potential vulnerability, the proof of concept, but the actual attack will be difficult because it requires a variety of factors, The machine comes to prototype and test, lighting conditions. They have built some possible attack scenarios with FaceID but will not share them with the public but only share them with the manufacturer to fix them.
- When I try to use a new iPhone completely learning the surface of the owner and then scan the mask it does not receive. BKAV said it would receive it but they would have to re-calibrate the mask or adjust the angle of the iPhone accordingly. This can also be understood as mentioned above. According to the BKAV, it took them 3 days to create the final mask, successfully testing all but 8-9 hours now. It may be shorter.
- Thursday, I tried reset FaceID, so it scanned the mask as a sample instead of scanning people. This will get the mask but not the person. This shows FaceID is wrong right from the sampling operation, as it should not allow masking. Actually, this does not affect the use, because no one is going to take the mask to be the sample, just try it.
- Lastly, for your question about whether BKAV has an iPhone X mask to cheat people or not, I think not. Because when we try to learn the mask, the iPhone X will unlock in many different angles, while their demo only get in the right place.
Now, you have two side of this problem, what you believe? Apple Wrong or BKAV Cheat?